We've had a few fun meals lately.
Alex wanted me to read 'Green Eggs and Ham' one day. Afterwards I asked him if he wanted to eat some and he was super enthusiastic. So we made green eggs and hot dogs because I didn't have any ham. I also sneaked spinach into it and he didn't notice thanks to the food coloring. Ha ha!
I've been on an oatmeal kick lately. We invented peanut butter oatmeal pancakes one day (quite tasty), and then one evening we had an oatmeal bar for dinner. These were our topping options: coconut, banana, craisins, raisins, applesauce, grape jelly, almonds, peanut butter, vanilla yogurt, chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
We had very small servings so that we could go back to try various combinations. It was super fun! The kids favorite toppings were chocolate chips and sprinkles (no surprise there) but they had just about everything else too.





No comments:
Post a Comment