Friday, April 26, 2013

Sweet Abigail

You know you're no longer pregnant when:
 
10. You recognize your own face in the mirror.  (No more swelling, yay!)
9. You're spending less than half your day in the bathroom.
8. You marvel at how good it feels to walk around, and you actually want to go places.
7. You can eat whatever you want without indigestion.
6. You don't eat whatever you want because weight gain is no longer justified.  :)
5. Your three year old seems enormous.
4. Your shoes fit.
3. So do your fat pants.
2. Your son says, "Why does your chest look so tall now?"
1. Most of your photos have a baby in them. 
 
Here are the first two weeks' worth of baby photos.  These are a mix of pictures from my phone and camera, and in whatever order blogger felt like loading them onto my page. 



The dog decided he needed to be VERY protective of the baby as soon as we brought her home.  In this picture he's attempting to get between her and the kids.  We very quickly had a problem with him growling and snapping at the kids (and sometimes me) when he thought they were too close to Abby.  Thankfully, I recalled a trick a friend had used to train her dog, so we tried it.  He was cured in five seconds.  All we did was put some dry beans in an old disposable water-bottle.  When he misbehaved we shook it at him.  He has become VERY obedient ever since.  Yay for simple solutions!







This was her going home from the hospital outfit.

Her first ride in the car-seat.  She didn't mind at all.


A new outfit from Jim's mom.




My new favorite picture.  She didn't want to wake up yesterday; every time we touched her she'd move into a new adorable pose.


It's taken me longer to feel well than after my other babies, but I'm finally getting there!  I think I was a lot more tired initially because of the blood loss, and then I know I was having a hard time because of a kidney infection.  I am very grateful for antibiotics right now!  I'm good and healthy finally, and Abby is even sleeping well at night.  She has been very content these two weeks; we're really enjoying this sweet little angel.   

2 comments:

Danielle said...

She is an adorable baby!

David and Sarah said...

I can't wait to meet her. I'm really hoping we will be able to come out in July for the blessing!