Annie was asking me about her friend's mom who is quite thin and fit, "Is her mom nice and pregnant?"
I woke in the middle of the night to hear Annie yelling, "I want a house!"
Annie, "You're a forgetter girl, Mom."
Annie complaining that she didn't have enough water in the bathtub, "That makes me feel like a BRAT!"
Annie opening her new birthday clothes, "Was it on clearance?"
Annie, "If you need to laugh that means you're thinking. Keep thinking and if you laugh it's still okay."
Our clothes dryer went out a couple of weeks ago, so we were hanging clothes to dry until we replaced it. Alex upon feeling his stiff air dried underwear, "They are FROZEN!"
Annie's interpretation of being asked to get her own paper towel and take Logan his water bottle, "Mom says I have to do EVERYTHING!"
Logan, "I'm lifting the whole thing of Dad by myself!" Then Annie noticing I was writing that down, "Do the posterity thing!" (We have a joke that I'm texting their posterity when I record the funny things they say.)
Background for this next one: Our family standard is something we've created that outlines our family's rules for conduct, media, modesty, relationships, etc. We often remind the children about what is in it so they can understand our rules and why we have them. So the kids were wrestling with Jim and Annie was sitting on his head (see her birthday post for a picture) when Logan shouts out, "Family Standard: No sitting on Dad's face...or Mom's!!!"
Alex pouting because he dropped his cookie and the dog got it, "Me is MAD at Wicket!"
Logan spinning in circles, "It's like I'm on a CD!"
Alex looking at my pregnant belly, "Baby wet?" Me, "The baby is swimming in my tummy." Alex, "Baby Gabby (we're going to name her Abby) has swimsuit!"
Logan after singing around the house all morning turned to Jim and pointed out, "You know, Dad, you're in a cheesy musical."
10 years ago
1 comment:
Love your kids! They say the sweetest things. We really miss you guys.ec
Post a Comment