Annie's birthday was last week. We celebrated with a friend party a few days before and then also gave her family gifts the day of. She was so funny about her friend party. Because it wasn't actually on her birthday she kept calling it her 'pretend birthday', though it was the main celebration.
The prep for the party was almost just as fun as the party itself. Jim blew up a bunch of balloons right beforehand and the whole family had a rather giggly time with it. Jim was hamming up how funny he felt because all that blowing was making him light headed, and he was also sticking balloons to the ceiling. The kids thought it was a riot.
Annie had four friends over, plus two parents (which Jim and I were happy about: adult friends to visit with!). As an unexpected surprise, one of them brought his rather nice camera and took some amazing pictures for us. I'm thrilled to have these fantastic pictures! It'll be obvious through the rest of this post which pictures he took versus which ones I took. :)
For the first little while the kids just ran around playing in the balloons. So fun. A room full of balloons is awesome! We also played a couple of simple party games.
After some play time, we had cake. I was pretty happy with how cute my cake turned out, and as always I kept it simple.
We let the kids play for a little while again after the cake, and I must say they were a calm bunch! I've never hosted such a calm little party. Half the kids played nicely downstairs and the other half played nicely upstairs. We had a nice visit with our friends. I was sort of sad to end their quiet play so Annie could open presents before parents arrived.
I love the expressions he captured while Annie opened her presents.
We had a calm afternoon complete with a family nap after her party, and then a relaxed evening. Well, I guess it was relaxed if you don't count the kids wrestling with Jim. They were pretty funny.
On Annie's 'real birthday' (as opposed to her 'pretend birthday'), I made a dinner she liked and basic cake (mostly to use up the leftover frosting). After dinner and cake she opened her family gifts and cards.
Our hilarious little girl has been insistent that once she turned five she would wear size 5 clothing. So when we gave her this bag of new clothes, she went through and checked the size tag on every single item!
Our fun gift to her was a 'Little Box of Ballet'. It came with two books, a tutu, a necklace, and a headband. She was excited to put her leotard on and try it all out.























No comments:
Post a Comment