Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April Happenings

Alex has carried his bug house around with him nonstop since he received it for his birthday.  Thankfully, he's only finding ladybugs.  He even sleeps with his bug house.  Funny boy.


Me, "It's time to get dressed."  Kids, "But we're cold!"


Jim and I had a lovely day together a couple of weekends back.  We dropped off the kids with his parents and then headed down to Nauvoo to attend the temple.  After the temple we took our time coming back and made a few unexpected stops.  First we visited the replica of the old Fort Madison, and then we took a meandering route back (new to us) and discovered an Indian mound site.  That was really interesting.  We also had a nice meal at Red Lobster before finally returning. 

We've had some spring project motivation lately.  We've been working on burning garbage and scrap wood left behind by the previous owners and I'd had it with our messy, dirty garage.  We also determined that we needed a wheel barrow and some shelving for the garage.  Jim didn't think I could fit it in the van, so I took pictures to show him my success.  :)


I took a before picture of our dirty garage, but not an after picture.  Oh well.  I'm super happy that it's clean now.  :)

This sweet baby brings us such happiness!

No comments: