Monday, April 7, 2014

Annie's Birthday

Annie had her sixth birthday last week.  Here are six wonderful things about my girl: 1. She is very tender hearted.  2. She is smart.  3. She loves her family so much.  4. She is a hard worker.  5.  She is very helpful.  6. She is motivated.

She's been talking about dress up clothes a lot lately, so I saved half of the fabric from the project she made for her friend to make her this for playing dress up.

I had to stay up late to do it, but it was fun to make.  In all, it took about 2.5 hours.


She was excited to wear the church dress her grandma gave her the Sunday before her birthday.

We started her birthday fun by putting sprinkles on the kids' morning oatmeal.

That afternoon we made cookies for her to take to her dance class.  She was pretty excited to take a treat to share for her birthday.  After her class, we had cookies as a family and let her open her family gifts.


Alex was so excited to give her the bubbles he'd picked out.

I LOVE this picture because it's a rare capture of Alex's NATURAL handsome smile.

Thank you hugs...

Abby really liked Annie's presents, too.



We also gave her some store bought dress up items.  

Her party was the following Saturday.  She and I were both happy when I saw the idea for this cupcake dress.  I baked and decorated the whole thing in about an hour right before the party.  I was so glad it was simple because I was running way behind!

She was all decked out with her new dress and accessories.

Annie wanted a purely girl party, so we had some girly activities.  We fixed hair.

We painted nails.

Everyone made their own necklaces.

While those activities were going on, I helped all the girls make flower barrettes for their hair.  I was very grateful for the help of two of the girls' moms!

After the girls were as beautified as they wished, we took pictures.  They were all so cute.








Logan and Jim had been hiding upstairs during most of the party; I had to force Logan to come down for cake.  He didn't want to be around so many girls.  



We had a fun little photo shoot right before presents.


Alex decided he wanted to be in the pictures at the last minute.  




Happy Birthday Annie girl!  We love you so much!

No comments: