Monday, April 7, 2014

Alex's Birthday

Alex turned 4 a couple of weeks ago.  I say this every time a kid has a birthday, but I can't believe how fast the years are flying!  Here are four awesome things about my little guy: 1. He's hilarious.  2. He's a wonderful cuddler.  3. He loves to help me.  4. He is very affectionate.

On his birthday we made cookies together.


That evening we ate cookies and let him open his family gifts.  He was very excited about "my dollars" from his Aunt Sarah and my Nana.  He's been talking about his dollars constantly.  (We'll be having a date to spend them soon.)

Annie gave him bubbles.  This was pretty hilarious because when we took the kids shopping for each other, he chose bubbles to give to Annie and was really distraught that I wasn't buying him any.  Little did he know that Annie had already selected bubbles for him.





I love the hugs he gave everybody when he said thank you.


After he opened his presents, we sat back and watched them play with his new building set.

A couple of days later we had his party.  He wanted a train cake, so this is what I came up with.  This was my FIRST attempt to use a decorative frosting tip.  Other than the drippy '4', I thought it came out just fine.  Simple is my specialty.




His friend helped him blow out the candles.  Ha ha!

Mmmm...cake.

Other than cake and presents, he just played with his friends for the party.



 Happy Birthday Alex!  We're so glad you're part of our family!

No comments: