Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kids Say

Annie showing me her arm, "All that red is hurtness!"

Annie, "Aunt Sarah is almost a grown up."

A little background on this one:  When our kids have questioned the difficulties of others (i.e. a disability or illness) we've often answered them that those are challenges from Heavenly Father.  Logan always pulls his pants up to his chest and Jim is constantly trying to convince him to put them lower.  So one day Logan put these two together.  He told Jim, "Pulling my pants up high is a challenge from Heavenly Father."

Annie, "Mom your teeth doesn't look good!  They're dirty!  They're brown!"

Logan, "Is a cow as fat as a balloon?"  Me, "Maybe a really big balloon."  Logan, "How fat are you?"

Alex is still a man of few words, but he can say just about any word he wants now.  Lately he's been making me laugh whenever he sees a picture of water or we are near any water.  Today as we drove over the river he saw some water skiiers and he yelled, "OH NO!  WA-ER!"  He'll be looking at a book just as quiet as can be and then he'll suddenly yell, "WHOA!  WA-ER!"  He does it over and over and over.  He is so hilarious.

Annie, "Mom, your skin is whitish peach."

Annie to me, "Is your head squishy?"

Logan, "Annie did you know that we live on an island?  It's one of the biggest islands.  It's called America.  And on this island people live...cars can drive...trains are on tracks...there is electricity..."

Logan, "We're hungry hungry sharks!  We slept for the whole winter, we migrated!"

I asked Logan when he got so big.  His answer was, "Yesterday."

Logan, "Mom, when I die will you put petals of flowers all over?"  Then after I told him I'd probably die first, "If you die on Mother's Day I'll put flowers all over the house and on the picture frames and on you.  Then we'll bury you.  And when we bury you I'll put flowers on your front and your back.  And then we'll dig the hole back up and bury you with dirt.  And then I'll put some more flower petals down and then we'll put down the stone.  And I'll plant so many flowers around your stone to let you know I love you.  What if I do that when you die?"   
Logan continuing the conversation, "I'll bury Dad and put all sorts of stuff that he likes all around his stone and then I'll dig some holes and bury that stuff and then I'll fill it hand by hand and when he's resurrected he'll find out that I still love him.  And I might be standing there when he's resurrected."  "Death is a very great and happy thing.  Nobody should worry about death."

Logan to Jim, "If I built a car it would have 255,000 floors.  The bottom floor would have all the living stuff, including a swimming pool under a folding floor.  On one floor there would be dancers.  It wouldn't cost any money.  There would be two cameras to watch where you are going.  The next floor would have a hall with 3 bedrooms.  In the bedrooms the floors would fold and bunkbeds would shoot out of the floor.  Then I would make a lot of copies and sell them for a penny each, but I would keep one for our family....Dad, are you texting that to my posterior?"

Logan told me the next day that he was planning to start building his car in the middle of the night and walk to Walmart in the middle of the night to buy himself a flashlight to do so.

Logan, "I'm hungry enough I could eat a whole oak tree."

Annie, "...really soon ago..."

Logan to me, "Do memories get shorter every year?  YOURS does!"

No comments: