I had a big birthday last week. I feel no different, except that I ate way too much over the course of a couple of days. On my birthday, we celebrated with a treat. Here it is: You wrap an oreo in cookie dough, lay them on top of half your brownie batter, and pour the rest of the brownie batter on top.
We accidentally overbaked them, so I'm guessing that they could have been better. As it was, I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped to be. They pretty much tasted like brownies. Still yummy, but maybe not worth the extra effort.
The next night, Jim and I had a date. That was the real celebration. Beforehand, Annie was playing dress up with Alex.
We dropped off the kids and enjoyed a couple of hours to ourselves. Our plan was to go paddle-boating, but we made the mistake of getting there too late. :( Instead we enjoyed dinner, a drive, and ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment