Sunday, July 1, 2012

Birthday Party In a Box

My little sister, Sarah, sent me the best birthday present this year.  She's so creative, and she really put her skill to work with this one.  She warned me ahead of time that I couldn't open her package until we had a free evening as a family.  So when the big box arrived, we had to set it aside for a couple of days. 

After a rough day (for me), we found ourselves with a free evening, so we decided to see what this box was all about it.  It was the perfect thing for me that day.  The box was filled with numbered balloons.  We had to pop each balloon in order, and follow the instructions in each balloon. 

The first balloon instructed us to use the enclosed Pizza Hut gift card to order dinner.  That was a real treat for us, especially since we've never justified ordering pizza in our entire marriage (we get the cheap $5 ones from Little Caesar's if we ever decide to have pizza) AND Pizza Hut is our favorite.  The kids were thrilled that a pizza man was coming to our house, and we thoroughly enjoyed stuffing ourselves.

The other balloons had various goofy activities in them.  I only took a few pictures, but there were 30 balloons. 

One balloon told us to race to put on someone else's shoes.  Logan and I put on Jim's shoes, and everyone else put on mine.  Jim thought he got the hard end of the deal since everyone else had bigger shoes to put on.  :)


Another one was to draw a picture of the birthday girl.

Halfway through I thought to take a picture of the contents of the box.  I'm sure the balloons filled it when Sarah packed it, but they came down to a MUCH lower elevation and shrank in a big way.  These were hilarious to use when we had to do the balloon stomp activity.  :)


Another activity was to get a jacket, extra pair of pants, boots, and hat.  Each person had to race to put them on.





I really enjoyed this gift/party that Sarah sent me.  Thanks again Sarah!

1 comment:

Ariana said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun for your birthday. I love Sarah's party in a box idea. Thanks for sending me all of the recipes. Hopefully, we can try them out soon.