Logan's Day:
-"Work" on the computer (AKA hitting random keys...a big NO NO)
-Push his sister repeatedly
-Go to his room for time-out repeatedly
-Attempt to unload EVERY toy minutes prior to Annie's nap time (we always clean up at nap time and he knows it)
-Empty the sugar bowl
-Unload dirty dishwasher
-Unload bookshelf
-Empty Mom's dresser drawer
-Unload construction paper
-Unpack overnight bags (I'd packed them minutes earlier)
-Play with marker on parent's bed
-Climb in the dryer
-Rip story books
-Strip down naked and run away from Mom
My Day:
-Place computer out of reach
-Repeatedly comfort Annie and send Logan to his room
-Clean up ALL the toys
-Clean up the sugar
-Reload the dishwasher
-Reshelve books
-Reload my drawer
-Restack construction paper
-Repack overnight bags
-Place marker out of reach
-Pull a two-year-old out of the dryer
-Repair story books (that I'd fixed YESTERDAY)
-Chase a naked child in an effort to put a diaper on him (he's still not fully dressed)
-And of course all of the regular every day things required to take care of and entertain two children.
It seems like every time I turn around today he's in some sort of mischief...I didn't list them all.
SOMEBODY is having a rough day...and I'm not so sure it's him.
10 years ago
7 comments:
Thank you for posting this(0: Days like this are so exhausting and you feel like you have nothing to show for the day except for the fact that you and the kids are still alive. Hey, I guess that's an accomplishment!
*sigh* Sounds like my day most days. Sometimes I wonder why I bother cleaning up when I know it can be undone in half the time when my back is turned.
I think this is part of our earthly learning experience....PATIENCE and LOVE. Who knew motherhood could be so hard and rewarding at the same time?
Hey Becky,
Sorry about your stinky day. I think it's impossible to have everything in its place at all times with kids. :o)I love the picture of Annie crawling! She's so cute!
Kids make life so fun! Sorry about the rough day!
Sorry for your bad day, but reading this made me feel a little bit better about MY boys! They definitely keep you on your toes, right?! :D
Hey Becky! I had no idea you had a blog. It's been fun to catch up on your family.
Logan sounds SO much like my little Maely - just so ridiculously busy that sometimes (or lots of times) you just have no idea what to even do to keep up. Maely's 'terrible twos' started well before she turned two . . . and it hasn't really ended yet (she's now 4 1/2) - the battle grounds have just kept changing.
These little kiddos sure come strong-willed these days - and I'm sure they'll need it as they get older. Good luck surviving until then :).
Post a Comment