Thursday, February 19, 2009

Slow Down to a Crawl

I've been pondering on this phrase the last couple of days. I'm thinking it should be "Speed Up to a Crawl". Two thoughts:

How to escape a diaper change: Lay on your back until Mom has removed the diaper. As soon as it's off, roll over, and crawl away as fast as you can. Repeat several times until Mom has managed to pin you with her feet.
Both of my kids love to do this to me...especially Annie right now. I'm wondering if she enjoys the freedom of a bare bottom.

How to scare Daddy: Last night while I was at YW, Jim had prepared the bath, and Logan had undressed himself and climbed in. Annie was in the living room (still dressed) and Jim went to prepare pajamas. The next thing he knew Logan was yelling, "Annie! Annie! Help!" He rushed to the bathroom to find Annie IN the tub. We're not sure if she fell in or if Logan assisted her in, but it sure scared everybody. By the time Jim arrived in the bathroom she was fully soaked, standing, and bawling. I'm relieved that she recovered so quickly. We have a new rule: Logan may not even open the bathroom door until someone is ready to stay with Annie. She LOVES her bath, and "Speeds Up to a Crawl" when she hears the water.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

I SOOOO remember those days of pinning the boys down to replace their diaper... Don't miss it! :D How scary for Daddy to find Annie IN the tub. I hope he took a picture because it will be fun to laugh about... later! :D