Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Annie's Week

This has been quite the week for Annie. She started teething finally, and has had a few rough nights. At ten months old, she still has no teeth, but I think she's getting more than one now. I'll be really glad when they come in for more than one reason: she won't be hurting anymore AND she can learn to chew. She's pretty much eating everything we eat as long as she can gum it. She gets upset when I won't let her have something that she can't chew.

Yesterday she figured out two big things. 1. How to go FORWARD. 2. How to pull herself up to stand. She hadn't realized that her legs were useful for movement, and she'd been trying to do everything with her arms. That was really frustrating to her, of course, because those little baby arms are not strong enough to pull her body weight forward or up. Then it was doubly-frustrating because in her efforts, she would move backwards...AWAY from her goal! So yesterday, she started using those legs, crawled across the room to me (I was laying on the floor watching her), and (before I knew it!) used me as a prop to stand up. She never learned to travel by rolling, or by scooting on her tummy or bottom; she is actually CRAWLING one hand and knee in front of the other. I am SO excited. Time to go baby-proof a little more thoroughly...

2 comments:

Arit said...

Go Annie!! That is so awesome that she is crawling on all fours and that she pulled herself up! She is such a cutie! I love the cheerio on Logan's face too =).

Ariana said...

Yay, Annie!!!! She is so cute!