Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Vain Efforts

For Sarah's wedding, I made this red hairband for Annie, and added the ribbon to her dress. I was so pleased with how it turned out, but didn't get a good picture. On Sunday, I decided she would wear the dress one last time (because it really is too small now) which meant it needed to be ironed. Sunday mornings are pretty busy, and we barely have time to get out the door, but I was determined. So I ironed all the ruffles and both layers (which was a huge effort...especially since I HATE ironing) and even took a picture before we left. (Logan decided he needed to be in the picture too, and pushed Annie onto her face immediately afterward, but that's another story.) We buckled the kids into their carseats, and made it to church just on time. On the third row of the chapel we sat (Annie still in her carseat) and church began. Well, Annie started fussing pretty immediately. I kept her relatively quiet for a couple of minutes, and then she just had to be picked up. I unbuckled her, lifted her out of the carseat, and discovered that her white dress was a different color on the backside. Carrying her as far away from my clean clothes as possible, I rushed out of the chapel while everyone stared at me (remember we were in the third row?). In the mother's lounge I discovered very little mess in her diaper, and a whole lot on her clothes. After a baby wipe bath (for her and the changing area), we returned looking a whole lot less cute. The moral of the story: never iron on a Sunday morning; it isn't worth it!

Maybe this week will be her last time wearing the dress...

2 comments:

Ariana said...

What a pretty outfit! I hope it wasn't ruined. I like the moral of your story. :)

The Lindquists said...

Your kids are adorable! The dress is beautiful.