10 years ago
Friday, September 26, 2008
Cooking With Plastic
Accidental experiments are sometimes the most frustrating, although I found this to be equally amusing. I usually cook with my front burners, but because Logan was helping me and I was using oil, I decided to use a back burner. I finished cooking, turned off the stove, and moved my pot to the other back burner (that wasn't hot). I'd made falafel (it's delicious...anyone want a new recipe?), and had left it on a plastic plate while I set the table. I was clearing counters, and moved the plate of falafel to the stove top temporarily. I kept hearing a crackling sound, and thought it was the oil cooling down...maybe something was still in the oil? The table was set, I went to pick up the plate of falafel, and it didn't move. That was when I realized my mistake. I rescued the falafel (which had stayed nice and warm...one good thing) and had a fun time peeling gooey plastic off of the stove. I still haven't quite removed all of the plastic from the burner. :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like a fun mess to clean up! But I would like the recipe :)
Yikes! I'm glad the food was salvageable after all that work. I think we still have a little bit of Top Ramen plastic melted to one of our burners. Let me know if you find a good way to get it off. :) I want to try your falafel recipe. We're starting to get "food monotony" around here.
Yikes! I bet it smells great every time you turn on the burner(0:
Post a Comment