Over Labor Day weekend we took our first vacation (that wasn't to visit family) ever! We stayed at a resort in Wisconsin Dells for four days, and enjoyed playing at a waterpark and theme park. When I booked the trip, I was informed that I was the best mom ever. :)
Laurel was exhausted at the end of a day in the water and the sun.
I don't know why Alex wasn't smiling, he had a great time.
Jim and I took turns with the little girls, so the other one could go on waterslides and big rides with the older kids. Annie was a little more cautious than her brothers, but they all loved the big waterslides, the go karts, and the pools. The boys loved the roller coasters. Part of the waterpark was indoors, so some evenings we swam until 10pm.
It was really nice staying right at the resort; we could take the little girls back for naps or bed while one of us stayed at the park with the other kids. Abby passed out during dinner one night.
The kids loved their waterwheel bunkbed. We had two queen beds beside the bunk, so everyone slept well.
The kids and I found this cool spider one day, and took pictures to tease Jim with. It was all fun and games until I found one of these ON me a couple of days later!
Daddy snuggle time!
The kids found this praying mantis another day. They thought it was dead because it wasn't moving and hadn't moved for hours, so everyone was really surprised when it jumped out of their hands onto Jim's shirt!
I really focused on healthy eating during the fall while I was trying to get a handle on our food issues. We are now gluten free and dairy free. Logan also can't handle oats or sugar. It's really limiting!
You know something is going right when your kids all want the Brussel sprouts you're fixing for a snack, and then when the sprouts are gone the kids make more.
This was our fruit haul for just one week. I now have a plan to plant fruit trees and berry bushes in the spring.











No comments:
Post a Comment