Friday, August 15, 2014

Incomplete Normal

We took my mom to the train station to head home (she left her old car that we drove out here with Aubrey) on Tuesday evening.  TEN minutes before her train was due to arrive she lamented to Logan, "I wish I could take you with me!"  The next thing I knew he was at the ticket counter asking how much it would cost to go with her and I was being asked permission to send him.  I quickly called Jim to be sure he was okay with it, she bought the ticket, and we headed out to the platform.  Logan's only luggage were three books and his booster seat for the car.  He was so excited that he only gave me a quick half hug before boarding the train.  We watched the train pull away, and I was left feeling like I'd just cut off my right arm and put it on a train.  It was crazy how incomplete I felt driving away without one of my kids.  He is having a great experience though. 

From conversations with him and with my mom, it sounds like he loved every minute of the train ride, and has been having great one on one time with my family in Colorado.



Meanwhile I've been enjoying a few days of 'normal' even though I'm missing my oldest kid.  It has been nice to be home and quiet this week.  

In other news, Abby has decided that she needs to be more independent.  She started walking a couple of weeks ago, and now she will NOT let me feed her anything anymore.  I suppose it really is time to let her handle her own spoon.  We've had some very messy meals!

No comments: