Monday, September 15, 2014

Kids Say

One evening, Annie informed us that she had named her freckles.  The most prominent one on her nose is 'Rose' and the rest are 'Annie'.

Annie, "Did you know that great grandma watches tv just to yell at Obama?"

Alex asked me to plug in his night light one evening, but he had special instructions, "But don't put your finger behind it (meaning on the prongs) or it will hurt you!"  Apparently, he was speaking from experience.

As I was putting Alex to bed, "I want to read, but I can't read very good."  Me, feeling surprised and excited, "Do you want me to teach you to read the words?"  Alex, "NO!!!  My night light isn't very bright to see.  Can I turn on the light?"  He just wanted to see his pictures better.

Annie describing a piece of dirt on the floor, "I either saw a mouse being born or a mouse dropping."

Alex, "There is a spider in the bathroom!  It was a killer one!"  Upon inspection, we discovered that the spider was a house fly.

Annie to me, "You really look pregnant with that dress on.  Maybe they make that kind of dress to make people look pregnant."

Alex didn't want an extra chore so I told him he needed to make good choices.  His response, "But my choices just aren't coming out!"  Pause.  "My choices are stuck I mean!"

Annie, "Mom, we match because of our freckles."

Logan when we were high on a mountain, "I can tell the world is round up here!"

Logan at the wolf exhibit in the zoo, "The wolves are looking for food."  Annie, "Hi wolves!  WE'RE food!"

No comments: