In the middle of July, life became unexpectedly crazy. It was good crazy, but nevertheless. Things have been so fast and full that I still feel like it's July. It was like I put regular life on hold at that point, and am only now returning to normal activities (except that things aren't quite normal yet). My mentality has been stuck. Maybe by September, I'll convince myself that August has arrived! :)
Anyway, I took the following pictures the same day that things started happening. Logan had a bug bite that swelled and swelled and swelled until he looked like one of those aliens from Star Trek. The pictures really don't do it justice. He looked SO strange.
That evening I was excited because Jim finished work early and was anticipating a relaxing evening at home. Long story short, we instead made a last minute decision to travel to Colorado. Jim's vehicle was no more, and his brother in Colorado had another car for him. So...we packed up, took the kids to stay with Jim's mom, and rode with Jim's dad to Colorado the next day.
By the time we arrived (Friday night) we'd learned that the car wouldn't be ready to drive home until at least the end of the day Monday; it was having some repairs. Jim needed to be back at work at least by Tuesday, so he ended up driving my mom's car back on Sunday. Thankfully, she was already planning to drive out to visit us the following week. I spent most of the next week having a nice visit with my family, and also worrying about my children who I hadn't planned to leave for so long. They were in good hands between my mother in law and several wonderful friends, but I had a hard time with it.
In addition to some great time with my family, I had my 'mountain fix', although hiking in flip flops is less than ideal. :)
After being in Colorado almost a week, the car was finally ready (although not actually fixed). My mom drove back with me, and then we turned around and put it back into a local shop here. Thankfully, the shop in Colorado gave us a full refund for their inadequate repairs. At that point, our fun began with my mom!
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment