The day after our party my mom arrived for a visit. She always comes with surprises in her suitcase so the kids couldn't wait to help her unpack. She brought Logan this wooden kit; he put it together right away.
Playing with his gift from the night before...
Despite having his grandma here, Logan had his nose stuck in a book a lot.
We had a white Christmas!
Cute baby. Christmas Eve Eve I think...
Alex. Christmas Eve Eve?
My mom also brought an 'Elf on the Shelf'. The kids thought that was pretty fun, although we didn't pretend he could move on his own or watch them (we also don't do Santa Claus, so they would have never believed us anyway). They named him Johnny. The first morning after my mom arrived we'd set Johnny up playing games. However, the kids woke us up and told us Johnny had been in the cookies and all sorts of other mischief. They'd been putting him up to it! We had to make a rule that kids weren't allowed to make Johnny do anything naughty.
On Christmas Eve day I was finishing up my mom's Christmas present, so my mom made cookies with the kids.
That night we had the missionaries over for dinner and a Christmas devotional. I'd intended to make the entire meal, but my mom beat me to it! She also beat me to my dishes. I think she was happy to do it, and I really appreciated the help. We had a nice evening with the missionaries then sent the kids off to bed. We (surprisingly) didn't stay up late ourselves either.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment