Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Old House, New House

I'm posting these pictures for two reasons.
1. I'm always bummed after we move if I don't have pictures to remember what our old place looked like.
2. I always like seeing where my friends live, especially if they are too far away to visit.
 
First is the old house.  I'm still missing it, but not as much, and I'm looking forward to buying our next house.










This is the biggest thing I'm missing.  That was an ideal kitchen for a family, especially a homeschooling family that needs counter space to work on projects together.
















Now for the new house.  I don't know how long we'll live here since we're only renting it.  It really is a decent house and I'm liking it better than I anticipated.  It's smaller, but we really do have enough space.  The only things I really dislike about it are the small kitchen/ dining area (we can't fit our whole family around the table anymore and it's difficult to include kids at the counter) and the extremely creaky floors that wake everyone up at night.

The girls room is actually pretty cute.  I had a hard time taking pictures because most of the rooms are on the small side.








The finished part of the basement is really very nice.


The boys have a big room in the basement.  It works out well at bedtime because Alex fights going to bed.  This way he isn't bothering his sisters and creating a domino effect (of resistant children) with all of his tricks to avoid going to bed.

There is a third very small bedroom upstairs that we are using as an office.



The kitchen is cute.

The kids were excited when they saw wildflowers growing across the street.  So they picked me a bunch and they currently adorn the counter.


There you have it!

No comments: