Sunday, June 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Indeed

My 31st birthday was on Friday and it was a happy day indeed.  I woke up rested and then we had a low key day at home.  We'd invited some friends over for dinner that night, so I had a little bit of prep work to do in the kitchen during the day.  Because I let the kids help me cook Annie said to me, "You're being a nice mommy today!"  (As opposed to every other day apparently...)  She was just really happy I let them do a lot in the kitchen.


They made 'pink fluff' entirely by themselves in preparation for our dinner. 

After I was a 'nice mommy' they were nice kids and let me have a nap.

Later they decorated my cake.

Beautiful, yes?  This was a boston cream cake, and it's very possible I ate way too much of it...

After we had dinner, the kids turned the evening into a wrestling session with the adults.

On Saturday (yesterday) Jim and I went on a date to celebrate my birthday some more.  We went shopping at Goodwill which was seriously what I wanted to do.  It's honestly my favorite place to shop for adult clothes because I can usually find what I want at a price I like.  I brought home 20 shirts to replace my very worn out ones.  Now I get to wear something new every day for the next three weeks.  :)  We also went to lunch which was pretty fun since it's something we rarely do.

Jim bought me flowers and pearls for my birthday (my first 'real' jewelry besides my wedding ring and earrings that Jim gave me on our wedding day), so today I wore my new jewelry and a new top to church.  I felt so dressed up and feminine (it's probably been years since I wore a necklace!) that I even painted my nails and wore perfume.  Wow!   

2 comments:

Devon Noel Lee said...

That sounds wonderful. Now... get you to post a photo of you dressed up. That would be the nice touch to this sweet post. Remember.... you're doing the posterity thing (as I think you're kids are fond of saying).

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

I thought of that as I was posting, but by then I'd changed clothes and everyone was asleep...maybe another week. ;-)