Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Here's a little interview I just had with the kids:
 
What is your favorite thing about Daddy?
 
Logan, "That he loves me.  That he lets me cuddle with him.  That he plays with me.  I like to play Legos with my dad and help him set the table.  My favorite thing to do with him is that we love to talk to each other.  That is my favorite thing about my dad."
Annie, "Playing with Legos and cuddling with him and reading with him.  I like the things Logan said too."
Alex, "No!  I'm going to drive away!"  Then with car sounds he 'drove' away.  (He wasn't interested in answering my questions...that's our contrary boy!)
 
Why do you love your Daddy?
 
Logan, "Because he takes me on dates and talks to me."
Annie, "Because he's special.  Also he takes me on dates and talks to me."
 
Tell me about Daddy. 
 
Logan, "That he likes the Herbie movies.  I know he loves me.  I do know that he is nice.  I know that he loves God.  I know he has a testimony that Jesus Christ's church is true. That's all I have to say." 
Annie, "He plays Legos with me."
 
We celebrated Father's Day today by going to church and then having a nice meal in the late afternoon; I'm thinking it counts as lunch and dinner.  




After we ate, the kids were excited to give Jim the cute cards they made and a present.  That's one awesome Daddy there!  It's still incredible to me that we have four kids, but I also know that life wouldn't feel complete without each one of them.  I don't know how I'd do it without this wonderful man! 
 
Right now Jim is finishing a mostly undisturbed nap and then we'll have dessert (plus more dinner maybe) and a movie.  I miss seeing my own dad today, but I'm glad I could call him and that my siblings are having a nice day with him.  Jim was able to call his dad too.  I've enjoyed this day with the father of my children.  Happy Father's Day! 

No comments: