We have lots going on right now! The biggest thing is that we are getting ready to move. After almost a year, we finally have accepted an offer on our house. This process was challenging, but we're grateful for the lessons we've learned. I'm already packing with the hope that we'll be organized and less stressed when we get closer to the move (first week in August). I really dislike packing, though! It feels like torture to me. :) We're also going through the various other things that accompany the sale of a house and figuring out where we're going to live (to rent or to buy...hmm). It'll be a relief to get through this and for Jim's commute to finally be short!
In addition to moving we have company coming next week (yay!) so we're trying to take care of 'life' as much as possible this week and have been cramming in as much friend time as possible.
Amidst our busy-ness, I've been pulling out the camera here and there.
Annie was convinced that her hair was finally long enough for a single ponytail, so she begged me to try it. It fell out almost right away, but she enjoyed it. She felt beautiful and pranced around the rest of the evening.
Logan posed for this picture to show my brother because Josh loves baseball.
Abby is sleeping really well most of the time. If she's swaddled she will sleep and sleep and sleep. We've finally figured out that she does best if I don't put her down for a morning nap. She was sleeping so well during her morning nap that she wouldn't be ready for a second nap until dinner time, and that in turn made bed time hard. Instead she takes little 15-30 minute naps in my arms or wherever I've set her down during the morning and is ready for a good nap in the afternoon. I have to wake her from her afternoon nap almost every day, though, because she sleeps so incredibly well when she's swaddled! Then she's been doing so well at night lately that I've been feeling rested (knock on wood). Yeah! As you can see, she's still sleeping in her carseat; she really doesn't like her crib yet. I figure as long as the important things (safety and rest) are happening, she can sleep wherever she wants.
Alex, on the other hand, has quit taking naps altogether. This results from a few factors. He was fighting me so much that we were spending up to two hours just getting him to lay down and stay down. He was also making so much commotion that he was disturbing Abby. Then he was fighting us at bedtime. This was keeping the whole family up because he shares a room with Logan and Annie, and the noise bothered Abby when she was trying to get to sleep. There are few things more frustrating to a tired parent than children who won't go to bed! So...I reluctantly decided to stop battling him. Now he's tired enough at the end of the day that he falls asleep quickly; it's made bedtime much easier. However, we haven't figured out quiet time yet. I've come to count on that time to recharge myself for the evenings, but it's Alex's favorite time to get into mischief right now. I'm not willing to stop having quiet time, though, because it's good for our family in so many ways. We'll get there eventually. I'm hoping if I can keep him busy enough that he'll stay out of mischief or take an occasional nap...like yesterday.
The girls were hanging out after dinner last night.
Logan, true to form, was reading after dinner. If he isn't running around, he's reading.
Yesterday morning I took some fresh out of bed pictures of Annie and Logan because I was trying to convince Alex to let me take his picture. It worked, and the next post will show why I tried.












No comments:
Post a Comment