You know you're nine months pregnant when:
-Waking only three or four times a night to nurse a baby sounds restful! (As opposed to waking every hour to use the bathroom.)
-Getting dressed each day becomes optional.
-Brushing children's hair becomes optional.
-Pants become optional. (If you're three that is.)
-Housework becomes optional 6 days a week. On the 7th day (AKA nesting day) it is absolutely necessary to scrub and re-organize every inch of your house.
-On that 7th day you realize that it takes all of your energy just to operate the vacuum cleaner for a little while. Scrubbing and re-organizing every inch does NOT happen.
-Hot dinners are a thing of the past. PBJ anyone?
-Mount Never-rest (AKA the clean laundry pile) grows and grows until everyone's drawers and closets are empty.
-You begin to daydream about the many ways you could induce your own labor.
-The thought of going anywhere, even downstairs, invokes a sigh of exhaustion.
-A morning shower uses so much energy that a nap is needed afterward.
I am definitely counting down the days here, and complaining just a little. It's really only these last few weeks that are so uncomfortable, though. I've gone through this with every pregnancy, and it's been a little worse with each one. Mostly I'm just tired because I'm at that point that I can't sleep longer than an hour at a time. My bladder has way too little room right now, and even my arms and legs ache somehow so I'm never comfortable in bed. It's amazing how being tired can turn your world upside down! I don't want to do anything.
I really have it pretty good, though. Thanks to homeschooling, I don't have to get the kids dressed every morning (or every day for that matter) and take them somewhere. We don't have to wake up at any specific time, and I can sleep in if I need to. The kids are so in love with books that they are spending hours reading even on days that I don't have the energy for school. We managed to get into such a wonderful chore system during the past year or so that the kids are doing most of the housework right now. That is an enormous blessing! They're even doing a lot of my chores for me. So I'm able to rest and take it slow a lot more than most.
AND...I can count today as one for accomplishments because I actually made it through some tasks!
With the first three kids, I've always felt amazingly improved immediately after each birth, so I'm really crossing my fingers for the same experience this time.
1 comment:
Question asked in Primary: what is home school?
Answer: it's when you learn at home. You don't go to school, but your mom or dad teaches you all the things you would learn there. (didn't say "and more" because I don't want to make the other kids jealous, right?)
and then your oldest joins in, and says, "but it doesn't take as much time as school."
Well, that's true, since you don't have standing in line, waiting for other kids to get disciplined, waiting for lunch, waiting for everyone else to catch up, waiting for your turn to read out of a group of ten or so,
waiting....for......the......next......thing to happen.
And then Devon's Tres says "I go to school--at home." Sure love these kids. Love the ones who go to school, too!
Post a Comment