This week I am suddenly finding my house to be disgusting and unorganized. I'm feeling stressed to have everything ready for the baby too. I've even made myself a to-do list of everything I want to make perfect before her arrival. The funny part is that I know my house isn't disgusting or unorganized, and I really don't have much to do to prepare for the baby. Logic isn't lining up with instinct here. :) I'm pretty sure I haven't had the nesting urge this bad before. (I was past my due date before I set up a nursery for Logan!) Maybe it's a sign that I'll actually go into labor this time...I'm certainly crossing my fingers on that one.
Anyway, rather than catching up my laundry or doing any dishes today (maybe that's why my house feels dirty) I pulled out the baby things and organized them. I washed the baby clothes last night so I even put those away. I can't wait to use these cute things again! (Now if only I could get some old stains out a little better...that's the next step I guess.)
I moved Alex's bed and clothing into the kids' room because this time I really want to put the baby in her own room right away. I've never been able to sleep with a baby in my room. Annie will share a room with the baby after we're on a schedule, but it's easier for me this way for now. Maybe I'm weird. Alex really feels like a big boy now that he's moved into the big kids' room. If only he would stop pestering them and go to sleep! I'm glad he has a few weeks to learn.
The kids were super excited to help me rearrange things. They even re-located a whole shelf of books for me so I could put some baby books in the nursery. Annie was thrilled to help with the clothes. She is such a girl! I even pulled out the baby toys. The kids played with those until bedtime; I'm hoping they'll get that out of their system quickly because those toys are noisy!
I've hit the point with this pregnancy that I am SO ready to be done. My energy is GONE, my back hurts, my belly hurts, and I don't even want to move around. The only thing keeping me from wanting the baby NOW is my silly to-do list. Maybe I should just make it last for a few more weeks. Maybe not... :)
3 comments:
Soon you will have your sweet baby to snuggle. I would love to take the kids for you so that you can get through your list. Just let me know when.
Thanks Amanda! You're so sweet!
Hang in there sweetie. The kids will be a help.
Post a Comment