Today is Alex's third birthday. I'm even posting about it on the same day...shocking I know! We're so glad to have this little man in our family. We had a little party for him on Friday with another family.
Here's the handsome birthday boy before his party.
Here are the kids from both our families all ready for cake.
He was all sorts of smiles when we lit the candles and sang to him.
This tractor cake was SO easy. I may have gone a little overboard by including all of those tractors and cones, but it was fun for Alex.
The inside of the cake was supposed to look like this, but it looked like this instead. You can see where I borrowed the idea, plus a tutorial here. I tried, but apparently not hard enough. My problem was that I didn't cut enough stripes (so they were too fat) and the cake was overly frozen when I made the cuts. Oh well. It tasted good and was fun.
Alex knew what to do with those candles this year!
Our ice cream was overly frozen...hmm...that seems to have been a theme. It took both Jim and Andy to muscle a scoop out for everyone. :)
The adults played a game and visited while the kids played for a while. Then we decided to let Alex open his presents.
Today we aren't really celebrating, but I did give the kids an unusually fun day. I haven't felt well at all lately, so they were thrilled that I took them to the library today. Alex was pretty excited to go to the 'new library'. After the library, Alex requested, "Now we go to my big Pizza Hut!" That was pretty funny considering we don't often eat out, and I wasn't planning to go anywhere else. However, he got lucky because Logan had two Book It coupons that we needed to use, so I decided to stop on our way home. One of the coupons was expired, but I figured I'd ask anyway since Logan had earned them. Luck struck again! Not only did they let us use both of Logan's coupons, but they allowed us to use them for two kids' buffets and gave Alex a free buffet since it was his birthday! Three free kids' buffets was a no brainer. So Alex got to eat at his 'big Pizza Hut' for his birthday today. Happy birthday little man!
1 comment:
So cute! Great cake!
Ice cream: microwave oven, 5 seconds. 10 if it's only a 600-watt oven.
Post a Comment