Since we've had a LOT of snow (almost every day for 1.5 weeks) the kids have had a lot of play time in it. That's great in and of itself, but I really want to share the funny results of all this snow.
Last week while they were out playing, Logan came in telling me, "Alex fell off the wall!" I was puzzled so I questioned him until I learned that Alex fell off of the retaining wall into our neighbor's yard. On one end of our yard, there is a six foot drop into the neighbor's yard. The kids have never taken any risks with this so I've never worried. I was still puzzled when Logan told me this, though, because I didn't hear any crying. Logan assured me that Alex was crying and went further to tell me that "his legs are probably broken". So of course I put on my boots to investigate.
Upon reaching the backyard I saw BOTH Alex and Annie in the neighbor's yard. No one was crying, though; they were playing on the neighbor's swing. Obviously Alex hadn't been hurt by the fall. (Hooray for deep snow!) I then questioned Annie because I hadn't expected her to be over there. Her explanation was, "Me and Alex fell off the wall!" Further questioning brought this explanation, "It was because Logan pushed us!" What?!! When I finally had all the information it turned out that they were on the sled together, Logan gave them a push (our backyard is slightly sloped), and they had enough momentum that they went over together.
Fast forward to today. Again the kids were playing in the yard, and again they were playing on the sled. I warned them to be careful about going over the wall again, and Logan assured me they would be. "Don't worry Mom, I'm putting out my legs!" I was watching them rather closely from the window as they went up and down our slope over and over. I looked down at one point and the next thing I knew the kids had disappeared. Sure enough, they'd gone over the edge again! Thankfully no one was hurt, but I'm thinking sledding is off limits in our backyard from now on. It's funny now, but it probably wouldn't be if we were going to the ER for a broken leg.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment