Thursday, March 14, 2013

Big Kids

Annie and Alex are about to have their birthdays, and I'm always amazed at how quickly time flies with these kids. 
 
Alex is mostly potty trained.  The exception is that I've gone back to diapers for bedtime.  We had him in underwear at night for a week, but only once did he make it even half the night dry.  I'm not willing to change sheets that often right now.  We'll try again after the baby is born.  I can't believe he's about to be three.  It's funny how three seemed so old when it was Logan, but Alex still seems like a baby.  Perspective sure makes a difference.  Alex is starting to join the bigger kids, though.  He's finally sitting still for reading time, and he mimicks everything we do during school time.  He's an incredibly independent, stubborn, know-it-all, and turns very bossy sometimes.  What a funny kid!  He's helping with chores more and more; he even requests 'extra chores' which is a sign he's still a baby because 'extra chores' in our house are negative consequences.  Nevertheless, he wants to do his part.  Last week he made his own bed for the first time.  I took a picture.
 
Annie has noticeably matured recently too.  She physically looks older, and she acts more mature.  She's become a hard and happy worker when it comes to chore and school time.  She wants to learn and she is trying so hard.  Today she received some surprised notice from different people because she was reading out loud at the doctor's office.  I'm surprised too folks! 
 
In preparation for the kids' birthdays, Annie and Logan spent some time one day making birthday cards.  They made quite a few, but I only took pictures of these three. 
 
"happee Berthday Annie I am glad that yuo are terning 5...I love you...Logan"

"Alex...Happe Bertdeay"  This one is from Annie.

And...no drawing time would be complete right now without a picture of the Titanic.  This is Logan's favorite topic right now.

No comments: