Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No More Diapers!

...for a few weeks anyway.
 
Over the last two weeks I finally decided I was ready for Alex to potty train.  He's been showing readiness for a few months, but an important factor for potty training success is Mommy readiness!  He's done great.  All three of our kids have now potty trained during the month before turning three.  I'm happy with that; it's been an easy age to do it at.  Each child has been different in the steps it took to master it, but it's been really quick and easy with all of them.  The key is definitely waiting until they are ready.  :)
 
He's having an occasional accident, but it's not every day, and he's independent with everything except wiping (why does this child have to gag at his own bodily functions???).  So I'd say he's potty trained.  Yay!  It's been nice not changing diapers for the last two weeks.
 

That's my big boy! 

No comments: