Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Home At Last

Our vacation was so great that it felt really good to be home.  My first thought when we walked in the door was, "I really like my house.  Aah!"  In the weeks since, I have felt recharged for life.  I'm cooking again (sad to say, but I wasn't cooking much in the weeks leading up to our trip), I've been totally on top of the housework (even putting away laundry!), and our daily school time has been fantastic.  That break was so good for me.
 
We came home with a whole box of junk food leftover from Christmas.  I had to take a picture of this one because it was so funny.  That Reese's package had TWO peanut butter cups in it.  They were huge!  They were ten times the size of regular Reese's cups.  He also had a mega sized (10x again) Snicker's bar.  My brother wanted that one, though, so we didn't bring it home.  Jim took his Reese's to work to share.  :)

We arrived home to lots of snow from three weeks previous.  Our very first task (before unloading the car even) was to shovel that crust.  The kids couldn't wait to play in it, so that was one of the first things they did.



Our first Sunday back at church, I received SEVERAL comments that I was finally looking rather pregnant.  I guess that's what happens when you go on vacation for so long.  I took a picture, though it's now four weeks old.  27 weeks

We had several Christmas presents that were still in their packages for one reason or other, so we spent some time that first week back opening and enjoying our new things.  One of Annie's unopened gifts was a make-up kit that my mom gave her.  It has real eyeshadow, nail polish, and lip gloss in it.  Thankfully most of it is lip gloss.  :)  It also came with two barrettes and two plastic rings.  We finally opened it during that week, and made Annie feel beautiful.  As you can see, she looks no different, but she sure felt dolled up. 


No comments: