Monday, February 18, 2013

Baby Update

We had another ultrasound last week (sorry no pictures) to check the baby's progress.  There is a little concern because her ?renal bladder? is slightly enlarged.  This is the part right underneath the kidney that collects the urine before it goes through the ureter.  Anyway, it will probably go away on its own, but they are monitoring it.  We'll have another ultrasound in three weeks, and then they'll check her again at birth if it still appears enlarged then.  Odds are high that it won't pose a problem.

We also found out in the ultrasound that she is already 4 1/2 pounds, and a few days ahead for growth.  That sounds about right for our babies; they've all been slightly larger than average, but not much.  I'm expecting another 8 pound baby.

Right now she's hanging out in the breech position; thankfully we have some weeks to go.  I've been doing some inversion exercises to encourage her to flip.  I'm really crossing my fingers on this one.  The fact that we live in a day of advanced medical practices relieves my mind a lot on this.  I'm not worried about whether or not she and I will be fine after the delivery; I just really don't want to experience my first c-section.

Otherwise I'm feeling fine (considering I'm big and pregnant).  I've been extra tired in the evenings recently, but this has been another healthy pregnancy.  I really have nothing to complain about.  I am getting very baby hungry.  I've avoided pulling out the baby things so far, because I know that I will feel super impatient once I do.  Three more weeks and then I'll allow myself to prep everything.  :)  I can't wait to hold this little girl! 

1 comment:

Devon Noel Lee said...

I'm excited to. I keep thinking about April and travel plans and wanting to be sure to be here when the darling arrives.