Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Decorating

We had plenty of pumpkins to carve this year, but oddly enough, Jim and I weren't in the mood.  I usually carve something fun every year, but didn't feel up to it the night the kids did theirs and haven't found time since.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll carve a Thanksgiving pumpkin.  :)
 
In years past, I've always ended up doing the kids' pumpkins for them because they've always chosen something too complicated to do themselves.  This year I wanted them to do their own. 
 
I drew a picture of Annie's choice on hers and she colored it.  Due to our permanent marker selection, it ended up looking like a Frankenstein lamb.  Too funny.

I wrote 'Boo' on Alex's and he had fun scribbling.

Logan chose this pumpkin on his field trip (see other blog) and was super excited that we were letting him carve it himself.  Jim helped him draw the face and poke some guiding holes.


Jim did have to help him a little bit with the carving (that was one of the toughest pumpkins we've ever carved!), but Logan did it mostly himself.

Alex stuck a red marker in his mouth, and I thought the effect was hilarious.

Here are their finished pumpkins.


No comments: