Friday, October 26, 2012

Kids Say

Annie to me, "I have a new recipe for you to make.  First you put in graham crackers really deep.  Then you put in milk.  Then mac n cheese.  Then you put in chicken and cook it.  Then it is ready to eat!"  To which Logan very sincerely replied, "That sounds like a good recipe!"  Annie's response, "It is very yummy.  At least I think it is."

Logan, "When I'm grown up I'm going to open a paper airplane shop!  I will give them away for free because I want to serve kids."

Overheard in Senior Primary (children's class at church), "I was born right at my birth!"

Annie, "I'll show you how to squirt up."  She then proceeded to stand on her tip toes.  She has defined this action as 'squirting' and uses the term frequently. 

Logan while driving toy cars on the back of Jim's birthday shirt, "It's like giving him a back missmage."

You know the clean laundry is in a bad state when your six year old looks at the mountain that is taller than him and says, "Wow!  How did you stack it like that?!"

While running on our elliptical one morning, Annie wanted me to look at something she was doing behind me.  When I told her that I couldn't her response was, "Can you get your eye out?"  She was referring to the 'eyes in the back of my head' that she sincerely believes I have.

Annie was telling me that something was, "...too yittle!"  (AKA little)  I repeated her, "Yittle?"  Then she tried to correct herself, "Luh-yittle!"

Logan, "Can you believe I run faster than Superman?"

Logan when we were learning about the bones in our bodies, "Annie!  Do you want to know how you get a broken leg?!  You fall off of something really huge like a house and then the bones come apart!"

Logan in his prayer one night was expressing gratitude for every member of our family by name and a specific reason he was grateful for them.  He included himself, too.  This is what he said, "Thank you for me cause I'm so smart."

No comments: