10 years ago
Friday, September 18, 2009
Basketball
Now that Logan is three, he can play sports at the YMCA, so I promptly signed him up for a pee wee basketball clinic. On the first day, he wouldn't go near the ball, the coach, the other kids, or even his jersey. Later that day I discovered that he had a fever of 104 degrees...perhaps that was his problem. He missed the second session that week because he was still sick, and then went back this week. We had many tears when he learned that mommy was FORCING him to go back AND was going to LEAVE him there and not watch. I knew he'd participate better if I didn't stay. (Side note: Logan has always been nervous to try new things. When he was old enough to start Nursery at church, he spent the first FOUR months standing in one spot watching the other children.) Well, this week they were refinishing the gym floors, so they couldn't actually play basketball either day. They played soccer outside instead, and he loved it. Now that the clinic is half over, he has yet to touch a basketball. I wonder if he's going to get nervous again on Tuesday when they are back in the gym...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwww I love his little basketball uniform and his little shoes!! Such a cutie!!!
Post a Comment