For family home evening this week, we made a huge mess outside and had a blast! First, I made ooblique (1 cup cornstarch + 1/2 cup dyed water) and we played in it. If you have never played in this stuff before you have to try it; it feels solid when you push on it, and acts like a liquid when you don't...totally fascinating. I never get tired of it. Anyway, this was the first time I've done it with my kids, and we all had fun. Logan didn't really like getting his hands messy, so he eventually washed them and watched us. Annie loved sticking her fingers in it and then into her mouth. Apparently, she enjoys the taste of cornstarch!

THEN...I added more water (add 1/2 cup) to turn it into sidewalk paint. We used regular sponges to decorate our patio. Logan was happy to use a sponge to do this since it didn't make his hands so messy. Annie mostly sucked on her sponge (that delicious cornstarch!)
1 comment:
Something we're going to have to try. Thanks for the info! :)
Post a Comment