Thursday, October 18, 2018

Vacation Part 2

On our second day with my dad, we hiked the Y (the kids thought they would DIE), and I gave my dad and kids a tour of my favorite spots at BYU (including the library...kids did NOT want to leave...ha ha!).












On Labor Day, we spent the afternoon with family; we went out to eat, had a mountain drive, and then hiked a bit. That evening we saw some old friends, and drove past several temples (but only took a picture of one...silly us!).








Laurel waving her hands at me, "I clean!" Me smelling something suspicious, "Can you show me?" Laurel, "I not want to." Me, "I want to be clean too." Laurel, "Okay!" It was nail polish! Thankfully, she didn't get it on anything at grandma's house! Later that day, we visited the paleontology museum and Bean museum at BYU.







Logan turned 12 while we were in Utah, so we were able to have him ordained a deacon with lots of family around. (I forgot to take pictures that day.) Then, a few days later, we were able to take him into the temple for the first and second time. This was such a special experience for him and us.https://www.lds.org/topics/aaronic-priesthood?lang=eng
https://www.lds.org/topics/temples?lang=eng



On the second to last day of our trip, we visited the Provo Center library (formerly Brigham Young Academy), randomly found the coolest playground ever, and visited my old roommate and her family. Our kids hit it off like they've been friends forever!









The last day of our trip, we squeezed in some time at Thanksgiving Point (wish we'd had more time!) and a final visit to Josh and Karen. We ended the night with some hilarious shoulder angel action. (Logan was actually successful, but I didn't get it on video.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Z9XBCwKzY















Our kids were so exhausted on the drive home that I recorded the chaos.  Going home is always harder.

No comments: