Lately Alex has been telling me that he's not a baby. I'll ask him is he's a baby, and his response will be, "No baby!" Then he'll pat himself on the chest and declare, "Mine!" which is how he describes what he is. He's such a funny guy.
Last week we went out to buy him some underwear since he's shown such interest in the bathroom lately. When I showed him the package of bargain underwear, he declared, "No!" and pointed down, "Choo choos! Train!" He liked the Thomas underwear. I bought both. Now both he and Logan have Thomas underwear in the same size. At least they aren't the same pictures. I'll probably still get them mixed up. I'm counting on Logan's looking more worn.
Anyway, as much as he likes to sit on the potty, as picky as he was choosing underwear, and as excited as he was opening the packages, he was hesitant to put them on. I don't mind; after all we've never pushed potty training and we've never had a battle with it. I just want him to have the option when he's ready.
He did decide to wear some 'choo choos' a couple of days ago so I whipped out the camera. These fit him a lot better than when Logan and Annie got underwear at the same age. He's definitely my biggest (normal size?) kid.
He lasted for a few hours and felt like a big boy. After the second accident, he wanted a diaper though. That was good timing for me. I was ready to be done with it for the day too.
1 comment:
I love that squinty-eye smile. Alex is so cute!
Post a Comment