Monday, September 3, 2012

Logan Turns Six!

Logan had his sixth birthday on Friday.  The day before he wanted to know at exactly what time he would be six.  So the morning of his birthday he watched and watched the clock.  It's a good thing he was born at noon and not later!  He wanted to be aware the moment he turned six!  He is such a great kid.
 
Here's the official six year old picture.  This kid is so tiny and yet incredibly mature.  I'd say his body is too small for his age, and his mind too old.  There sure is an amazing boy packed in there! 

That evening we went as a family to Noodles N Company for dinner, Culver's for ice cream (both with coupons making it a $12 night...yeah!), and back home for presents. 

After he opened his presents we played the game we'd given him.  It was a clearanced $5 find at Toys R Us that I bought for $2 with a coupon, so we weren't expecting much, but it was actually fun! 

The next morning he was up early and excited to put together his Lego space shuttle that my mom sent him.  This was excellent because it meant he let us all sleep in, and he had something to occupy his time while waiting for his birthday party.  For the first time ever, he didn't make himself crazy with anticipation on a party day!  I was super impressed how quickly he put this together.  He was almost finished by the time we decided to get out of bed.  :)

He had chosen this cake a couple of weeks ago because he loves space.  However, I couldn't find toy astronauts ANYWHERE to put on top of it (without paying expensive online shipping), so two days before his party we'd decided on something else.  Then I had a phone call from a friend who'd found this Lego space rover and astronaut.  She'd bought it for him as a gift and wanted to know if we'd like to have it early.  Sweet!  I'd mentioned the cake situation casually to her, and she was so thoughtful to go out and find this for him.  Then we were surprised to find that my mom's gift had also included an astronaut; they even match!

This cake was seriously the EASIEST ever.  I was even supposed to make the frosting messy.  Yes!

Here he is getting excited for his party.

He had six friends over (plus he unexpectedly invited the 4 year old neighbor girl to join in) for his party.  We had a LOT of boy energy!  These pictures crack me up because he is SO tiny next to his friends.  I have to wonder if I was even this small at his age.   

They played a few water games, and also just played around a lot.  The first game was 'asteroid ball'.  It involved hanging onto the space ship (jump rope) while trying not to get hit by the asteroids (wet socks).


The second game was a cup balancing contest.  Some of these boys were amazing!

Denver was our undefeated champ. 

Walter was his closest rival.  They had a VERY long contest.

Last, they played drip drip drench.  Or at least they started to before it turned into a water fight.

I wanted the kids all together for a group shot so just because I think it's amazing how tiny Logan is.  Thankfully, it doesn't bother him at all.  He has a great attitude about everything.


The kids oohed and aahed over the cake.  Fantastic!  I'm glad they thought it was neat.  Then they chowed down.  The cake was totally GONE.




I've never seen a more excited bunch when it came time for presents.  They're sitting in this picture, but that didn't last more than two seconds.  These boys were SO eager to have Logan open their gifts!  He was equally thrilled with their gifts.

After his friends left, the kids played with his presents all evening.  The only exception was that Logan stepped away because he was eager to put together the clock we'd given him (our real gift vs. the cheapo $2 game that turned out to be a good gift).  This was a 'do it yourself' mechanical clock.  He assembled the whole thing, and wound it up.  Boy is that clock loud!  I had to send it to the basement because it was making me feel like a bomb was about to go off!  I have a feeling this will be something he takes apart and puts together many more times.

Happy Birthday Logan!  We are so glad you are part of our family!

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Happy birthday, Logan! It looks like you had a fun party!