Friday, September 28, 2012

Kids Say and Do

First I have to record the 'do' because it was pretty funny, though it could have been an emergency.  This morning the kids were playing in the basement while I was in a different room reading.  After a little while Annie came upstairs crying and saying she was bleeding.  Logan was right on her heels.  Much to my surprise her gums were bleeding a little bit.  When I asked the kids what had happened they told me that Logan tried to pull Annie's tooth!  She was a willing participant of course.  He'd tied a string to her tooth and pulled hard!  They were both pretty upset and had definitely learned a lesson.  Thankfully, her tooth is still firmly in place.  Wow.  I'm amazed at what these kids think of sometimes!

Annie, "Mom, your hair!  It's square!  Square hair!"

Annie, "I don't remember how to lie anymore."

Logan, "Mom, you know what it smells like outside?  Giraffe crackers!"

Logan, "At my wedding party...guess WHAT?  You'll DEFINITELY be invited! (thoughtful pause) Since I'm your son!"

Annie, "Guess what?  When I'm seventeen you won't be able to pick me up."

Annie, "One time I farted.  Even my leg farted.  A tummy fart is real.  Even a belly button fart."  Charming....

Logan when we were talking about singing in the Primary program, "My voice was stuck in the crowd."

Annie, "Farmers are good farmers because they kill turkeys for us."

Annie in a whiny voice, "I don't want to get working!  I just want to get married!"

No comments: