Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mini Engineer, Dog Traps, and More

Last week Logan decided he wanted to dress like an engineer.  He sure loves his dad.  Here is his business casual.  He wanted a pen in his pocket to be complete, but I was mean and said 'no'.  He even kept his shirt tucked in all day. 

Elway has claimed a slinky as one of his toys.  It was smarter than him, though.  He got trapped in it.  At one point, he even caught one end on a chair and was effectively leashed.  :)

Jim was oh so wonderful and built me these boxes for our vegetable garden over the course of the last week.  I didn't even ask him to do it.  He needs to add one piece of wood yet, but otherwise they are finished.  Yesterday I went to the dump three times to get free compost.  It was quite the adventure with three kids, two garbage cans, a mini-van, and wimpy me.  Those garbage cans got heavy really fast, but they were the only containers I had!  I had a very difficult time getting them (only half full) into the van, and then was amazed at how little they filled the boxes when we got home.  Hence, I made three trips.  I was smart the third time; I put them in the van 1/3 full (much easier to lift) and then shoveled more compost until they were TOTALLY full.  Jim unloaded them for me that time.  :)  We planted last night and I'm very excited now.  Already, we're trying to figure out where we want to put more garden space.  These filled up way too quickly!


Today we made our usual trip to the library.  Annie had won 2nd place in a coloring contest and there was a prize waiting for her.  She's definitely my little artist!  This is what the kids are doing now: playing library.  They are reading to their dolls and animals.

P.S. More and more of our life is centering around what we are learning, so again I direct you to my latest posts on that blog.  The link is on our sidebar.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

The planter boxes look great, and it sounds like they were a lot of work! I'm amazed at what moms can do with their kids in tow.