On Sunday, Logan gave a talk in Primary. We'd worked on it a few days before and he wrote it entirely himself. I typed what he said, but it was all in his own words and his own thoughts. His rough draft was pretty long (considering he wanted to read his talk all by himself) and disjointed. He did NOT want to edit it! I convinced him it was necessary and that it could still be a three page talk (another of his requirements). So we shortened it, and put things that he'd said in a more relevant order. It was still sort of humorous, especially since we kept the part about not hitting others. I blew up the font so it was three pages and he practiced it several times before Sunday. In Primary, he didn't want any help. It was a very long talk considering it was in Primary, and after his talk he shared a long testimony. This was all with his mouth ON the microphone. We heard him loud and clear! I was so pleased, though. It was a great experience for both of us.
Here's his rough draft:
Prompted with the question: How does Jesus help you choose the right?
To stop hitting each other and to love one another. Jesus has taught me how to learn the gospel and teach people ...the gospel and be a missionary and He's taught me so much that He's given me a little power to read the scriptures every day, each day to learn more about the gospel and Nephi and his family. I've been doing that for days that I have time. I say my prayers every day that I feel the gospel. I get more than 260,00 blessings! I get more than that many blessings that I know that Heavenly Father is letting me know that the gospel is true and that the church is true. That He's just taught me that He's there and that the Holy Ghost is there. I just believe in Him. I believe Him. I believe in Joseph Smith and the prophets.
Prompted with the question: How can you be like Jesus?
By helping others with their stuff. By helping others feel better. By helping others move better and helping them do their laundry and helping them read the scriptures and learn how to read someday. I just know so many important things that I can know that the gospel is true in every single way. God is there!
I would like to bury my testimony. I know that the church is true. And I know that the gospel is true too. I know that Joseph Smith really lived and I know the prophets live today. The prophets teach us in each way.
I want to tell a story about Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ can also help us to learn the church is true. Jesus Christ when He was on the earth He talked with his disciples. When He was born an angel came to the shepherds and says, "Come follow me, Jesus Christ has been born." Then they saw a star that they followed. So they followed the new star and it led to a stable. They went inside and saw a babe. It was Christ our Savior. Amen.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment