Friday, May 18, 2012

Look What I Made!

This week I made a gift for a friend who is ready to have her fourth baby.  I knew she didn't need anything, but suddenly wanted to make her a personalized gift.  This will be the baby's first name.  I embroidered it by hand, and then sewed the blanket together.  I wish I'd done a darker thread because the name didn't pop out as much as I would have liked, but my biggest challenge in sewing is being unwilling to re-do anything. 


I made some matching pj pants.


I gave it to her today.  :)

I actually made this hairbow back in October, but didn't post it at the time because I'd made several others and was giving them to my niece for Christmas.  I didn't want to spoil the surprise and then I forgot to post them later.  :)  Anyway, I let Annie wear it just for fun today.  It's too big for her head and doesn't really match, but she feels pretty. 


I made the same purple one for my niece, plus these others.  They were made entirely from scrap fabric/ ribbon so they didn't cost anything.  Plus they were really easy.  Each one can be attached to a headband, hair clip, or pin.  They're versatile.  :)





The kids also did some sewing this week; look at that on our school blog.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Those bows are so pretty! I love the pajamas and the blanket, too. How did you learn to do that?