Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What is Normal?

Most of the time I don't care if my life is 'normal', and in fact I'm often glad it's not in many ways.  Sometimes I find myself hoping that certain aspects are 'normal', though, usually in relation to my kids.  Like when my kids ignore my instructions even with consistent consequences.  I'm pretty sure they have selective hearing.  Or when everytime I turn around they've unrolled toilet paper, climbed on the shelves of the fridge, poured water all over something, or other mischief.  Or when they whine about 'no' answers.  And especially when they pick on each other and scream all day.  Those are the days that I hope my kids are 'normal' because if they're not I must be doing something wrong.  Today isn't actually one of 'those' days, but yesterday was.  So are your kids 'normal' like mine?  Do they have days where it seems they whine and fight all day?  If not I don't want to know, but if so it's nice to know there are other moms out there having 'those' days.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Well, I don't know if it's "normal" but it's definitely what life around here is like. My kids play well together, but they fight and tease even better. And they are always getting into things and breaking things. :P

AmberN225 said...

I'm gonna vote 'normal'... and then, after realizing how frequent our frazzling days are - I'm gonna give you credit for probably a lot better than normal :).