Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kids Say

Annie admiring herself in the mirror, "I have big eyes!  Do you have big eyes?"
Me, "Yes."
Annie with a shrug, "I guess I'm a mommy now.  I guess I'm bigger than you."

Logan, "I think we should have a rule that you should not go ice skating with a baby in your arms."

Logan, "I think a good Christmas present is to a call a table company and a chair company and have them deliver a table and chairs to someone who doesn't have a table and chairs."

Me going over our family standard, "What is an appropriate touch for family members?"
Logan, "No crabs.  No crabs pinchers."

Logan, "I wish I was named Autumn."

Annie looking at the weeds in our yard, "We have broccoli in our yard!"

Annie, "I died when you and Daddy and Logan were on the bus and I was in heaven.  And I drinked alcohol.  That story is bad."

I heard the last part of something Annie said from the down the hall, "...fell in the toilet!"
Me coming into the bathroom, "What fell in the toilet?"
Annie, "I did!!"

Annie, "Mom, why are you cleaning?  Because you have a consequence?"  (Our kids earn extra chores as negative consequences.)

Logan, "That was a loud piece of thunder."

Logan, "I wish we would build a huge palace that had monster faces."

Logan, "Annie, wanna play wild downstairs?"  (She actually turned down the offer...)

Logan, "Get out of my shadow!  My shadow is my personal space!"

Logan in one breath, "Mom I'm going to get a sewing machine for my birthday when I'm a grownup.  I will get a space shuttle sewing machine or a racecar sewing machine or a dinosaur sewing machine.  I wish I will live forever and not die.  I wish I never had blood."

Annie, "My feet are sick.  Can I have medicine for my feet?"

No comments: