Jim had a birthday on Sunday. If you want to know how old he is just ask Logan. I'm pretty sure he shared that information with most of the Primary on Sunday, so you could ask one of his friends or teachers too. :) After church we had a nice meal of Jim's choosing, my making. Then he opened his present.
Puzzling over what could be in the box.
Oh boy...
A Kindle!
He actually knew what most of his present was. I was so careful to leave no evidence, and I had him thoroughly convinced that he wasn't getting an e-reader even though that is what he wanted. I even knew what I was going to tell him if he saw the purchase on our bank account. Food storage! And he would have totally believed me. I was SO careful. Then he checked the mail one day. Of the two days a year that he gets the mail instead of me, and the one day a year that it was hours late so I didn't see it, it had to be the day that the warranty for it came! Sheesh! So he found out a few days early. He had to wait to open it, though, and he really did not know what was in the second box (it was the cover for it). I must say, we're both enjoying his Kindle. It's so nice to get free books that we can't find at the library! (I've already read an entire book on it...it really was for him though. I promise!)
After his present, most of us had a nap. (He began searching for books.) Then we had dessert for dinner. Aren't I a good mom? Here's my justification: If I made another meal the kids wouldn't touch it anyway because our lunch was so late and full, but Jim and I would. Then we would all still have dessert anyway because it was Jim's birthday. If I didn't make another meal, I would save myself the chore and some calories for the day. :) (Not a normal practice...)
Anyway, Jim wanted homemade ice cream sandwiches again this year. Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment