Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Logan!

We were in Colorado for Logan's birthday, so he had some major celebrations this year: three parties in all.  What a lucky kid!  Now Annie is asking if she can have three birthday parties.  Sheesh!  Sorry sweetie, not all things in life are equal.

The first party was with Jim's family before Jim headed back home.  He didn't want to miss his son's birthday.

Hanging out before the party started.  They were outside alone just swinging and I thought it was sweet.


Jim's sister, Cami, arrived having just been at a three day Indian wedding.  She had some neat outfits and agreed to dress up if I would too.



Birthday cake #1: a quickly assembled volcano (like 2 minutes quick).  Don't look too close; I wasn't trying to make it look good.

Presents round one...


Birthday party #2 was a friend party.  He wanted the same friends and the same park as last year.  Easy kid!

This was the cake I put some effort into.  I was really easy actually, and I used my favorite chocolate cake and chocolate frosting recipe, yum!  The track is made of crushed cookies, and the grass is coconut.

He was feeling nervous when we sang to him and refused to blow out the candles.  It took a few minutes of encouragement before he finally blew out the last couple that the wind hadn't put out.

Some friend pictures...I apologize in advance to any friends who don't like their photos.  I think you are all beautiful (and your sons are handsome)!

Gabrian and Hannah

When I said smile...

Angela, Lucy, and Nicole

Laura, Ben, and Hilary

Presents round 2...

He received a bat and ball from one friend, and wanted to try it out.  Their little baseball game was hilarious.

Birthday party #3 was with my family the day before we left (Logan's actual birthday).  My mom wanted to do a dragon cake, but since Logan loves dinosaurs, she left the wings off and called it a stegosaurus.  I ended up helping with the frosting, but she did everything else.  The funny part is that after it was finished, she was convinced the body looked like a dead chicken...hee hee.  Can you see it?

My sister, Sarah, had been the lucky recipient of some free party stuff at a garage sale, so she put it to good use!

Presents round 3...



Pin the tail on the donkey...


I think it's funny that Sarah is sticking out her tongue in these pictures.  I wonder if she'll appreciate me pointing that out...hee hee.


Josh was so meticulous, that on his second spin Dave (Sarah's husband) hid the donkey in another room.

Once again, Logan had stage fright when it came time to blow out the candles. 

He was quite happy to play with Dave's old toys for the remainder of the evening.  He eventually had all the types of vehicles organized.

Happy 5th birthday bud!

No comments: