We went to the state fair with my mom and brother during our vacation. It was dollar admission day, plus kids were free. We had a great time and definitely got our $3 worth!
First we wandered around a bit and found a few horses.
Then we found the petting zoo. The baby pigs were very cute.
The kids played in the corn for a long time. Alex was really mad when we finally left!
They lassoed a cow...but Annie was a little nervous about the guy who was helping her.
Logan was IN LOVE with these puppies. He spent a very long time looking at them.
Next we discovered some pony rides which my mom was kind enough to pay for. I wondered if they would be nervous about it. Logan stopped smiling as soon as the pony started moving, but he said he liked it afterward.
Annie was all smiles the entire time.
After the ponies we had good timing, and saw three free shows in a row: movie stunts, dock diving dogs, and racing pigs.
We also found the fountain and the kids got wet. If I'd been smart I would have at least removed my boys' shirts, but I didn't. Some cloud cover came in about that time and the kids were a little cool, but they still had fun.
I'm guessing Annie had been surprised by a stream of water at this point.
Alex LOVED the fountain. He played in it a lot longer than the other two. He was hilarious to watch because he was so little compared to the other kids.
After we'd had enough wet time, we watched an amazing juggler. He was quite the comedian and very talented. Our $3 was well worth just this little show. He really did juggle those torches on that unicycle. He also juggled large knives (three different sizes) on a unicycle.
No comments:
Post a Comment