We arrived late afternoon on a Wednesday and the kids set to work checking things out. The first thing Alex discovered were cookies. Yum.
See the chocolate on his face? We'd been there 15 minutes. It gets better.
After 30 min. Alex was having a great time playing in the dirt.
"I want to touch that campfire!"
By the way, he started walking the day before our trip; it was just in time.
After 45 minutes I was wondering where that sweet little baby face went to.
We enjoyed our campfire for hours that night, had wonderful tinfoil dinners, played cards, and the kids went to bed willingly! In the middle of the night Josh woke my dad to go looking for bears; he was absolutely serious and he'll never hear the end of it. Hee hee.
Good morning! We relaxed some more...
The kids had some great quality time with their Papa.
We eventually decided to go to a nearby lake for some fishing.
While waiting on our fishing poles, the kids did some more digging and Logan got creative. He was trying to knock pine cones off of a tree.
I took Annie and Logan on a little hike around the lake.
Alex got tired and snuggled up with Josh.
Four hours later, we hadn't caught a thing! The closest we came was when a fish swam right up to the shore and I almost scooped him out with one of our sand toys! We did enjoy ourselves, though.
That night Josh built a huge fire that lasted us for hours and hours, and it was still glowing red in the middle of the night. Annie stuck a sharp black rock up her nose once it was totally dark just to make sure we had a little adventure. It took us a bit to figure out why she was crying so hard. Thankfully it came out pretty easy. In the middle of that night (good thing it was our last), Logan wet the bed and I had to give him my sleeping bag. I'm glad it wasn't very cold in the cabin!
Good morning again!
We needed a couple of farewell pictures at the cabin before leaving.
I like this one much better. It's too bad we didn't get any with all of the kids looking.
This is going to spoil tent camping for me from now on. Thanks for a great campout Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment