Logan asks a lot of questions, and when he is not asking questions he is just talking. He wants to make sure you are engaged with his thoughts at all times, so he isn't satisfied with one word answers. I get distracted sometimes, and don't answer him very well which frustrates him and makes him ask more questions. Other times, I think I'm paying attention, but I can't seem to answer any of his questions. His questions really are hard to answer most of the time, and I've finally realized why! I'll give a sampling...see if you can find the pattern and if you can answer them.
"Why is Sam a dog?"
"Why is that a YMCA?"
"Why is that a blue chair?"
"Why is there medicine in this store?"
"Why is that lady buying alcohol? Is she going to drink that alcohol?"...within her hearing of course.
As we're in the car, "What's that?" "What?" "That red thing." "What red thing?" "That red thing back there." "I didn't see it." "Yes you did! What is it?!"
Or...same scenario, but maybe I did see it. "What's that?" "A skyscraper." "Why?"
It goes on and on and on and on...hundreds every day. People in public places totally crack up when they hear him questioning me and the answers I give him.
I usually start my answers with, "Because Heavenly Father made it that way..." or, "Because someone thought it would be a good place/ color/ etc. for it..." I feel pretty inadequate when I answer him that way, too.
We finally realized what was going on, though. He might be asking why, but he actually wants to know all about it. We told Logan he should ask different kinds of questions using what, where, when, who, and how to help us answer him better. He immediately shot back with, "How come that is a...(I forget what the object was)." Funny kid!
10 years ago
2 comments:
Hehe. I always think my kids ask the funniest things, but Logan can always trump them. That is one inquisitive boy! :) MISS YOU IN MOMSCHOOL ... SOOOOO MUCH!!!!
We miss you too! It's a very lonely world doing TJEd here. I'm so glad we had you guys while I didn't feel like I knew what I was going to do! That's made all the difference for me now.
Post a Comment